This blog is to share my poems with you. Don't expect too much, its just what's on my mind. Sometimes in life you find yourself in a situation that takes over your life, and nothing makes sense. You feel empty, scared and broken, so you grab a piece of paper and find comfort in writing down whats in your heart- To grasp oneself is the art of not being shocked by unpredicted actions or predetermined thought. 'n Neiging in my siel, om my hart op sienbare wyse op papier vas te vang. Diepte, malheid, verspot, verlore, so deurmekaar, maar dalk verstaan jy my beter hierna...

Sunday, December 9, 2007

a poem inspired by the movie "10 things i hate about you"

i hate the way you talk to me now
and the way you rush past without a kiss
i hate the way you laugh and look so happy
and fact that you never call
i hate your way of looking at me
and how you see right through me
i hate how you can me make laugh
and even more that you make me cry
i hate all this so much it makes me sick
it even makes me pretend
i hate that you know me so well
better than i know myself
i hate the fact that you feel cold
and how i cant keep you warm
i hate that you're such a part of me
even more that a part of me is gone
i hate the fact that you are strong
and how i dunno how to be
i hate the things i know i cant forget
and the hopes i cannot loose
i hate the fact that i don't want to know what you're thinking
and that my closest friend became my sadness
i hate that no one compares to you
not the hottest guy can match up
i hate that i think you're so beautiful
and that i image you in my sleep
i hate that i'm sure
i hate that you're not
i hate that i'm lonely
i hate that you're not
i hate the fact that i can hate so many things
and how i dunno what to expect
i hate that i cant be myself with you now
and that i'm scared to hear your voice
i hate how i trusted
i hate how it was the same
i hate that i feel like i'm no good
but most of all i hate the way i cant hate you
not even close
not even a little bit
not even at all...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Tehila. I'm Amber. Like you, I write poems. Although most of mine are to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ now, I went through a time in life when my writing greatly resembled yours. I just wanted to let you know that I've been in a place much like you are now but even though you may feel hopeless, Jesus can light your life up in unimaginable ways!

I'd like to share one of my old poems with you so you have an idea of how Jesus turned my life around. This poem is out of a journal that has rarely been shared but I feel that maybe this will help bring you hope for the future and allow you to realize that God has an amazing plan for your life-all you have to do is take His hand, give Him your trust, and let Him do the rest.

Love and Hate

Love and hate are one and the same.
They burn together in an endless flame.
A flame of love or a flame of hate?
Which is it? It's hard to say.
Love and hate are one and the same.

Love and hate are like a bitter-sweet kiss.
They draw you into a blissful web that's impossible to resist.
Love and hate are one and the same.
Both burn with a devouring flame.
They will burn you alive and claim your soul.
If one was stronger, you'd never know.

Love and hate are one and the same.
They both burn in the hottest form of eternal flame.
They can claim your life and destroy you in a single day or night.
Love and hate are one and the same.
Once the grab hold, you'll never get away.
They will tear out your heart in a single beat.
No matter how hard you try, your fate will be defeat.

Love and hate are one and the same.
We all burn in their eternal flame.

I know that poem is really dark but I really want to make the point that Jesus can pull us out of our worst situation and shine His light into our lives when we need it most.

I'd love the opportunity to get to know you better. If you're interested you can email me or look me up on facebook. My full name is Amber Riebe. I'll keep you in my prayers, Tehila. God bless.

-Amber

Micken said...

A truely heartfelt poem that many of us can identify with. I'm more than 3 times your age, male and sadly unable to read those of your poems that are not in English. This spoke to me.
I too blog my poems - I wish they were as powerful as yours.

Tehila's Poems said...

thanks for the comments guys. amber- i'll add you on facebook. i'm not really depressed or anything hey, and i AM holding on to Jesus, i've got more than enough reason to trust him for the future :D

Anonymous said...

Ai baie waar huh